The course provides candidates with knowledge of the culinary essentials and good kitchen practice. Laying the foundations and building on cooking skills to ensure the highest standards are met when starting a professional career.
The course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to the Kitchen, Mise en Place and Organisation
- Basic equipment Skills
- How to Prepare, Cook and Finish a variety of proteins
- Meat, Poultry and fish
- Soups, stocks, sauces, salsa and purées
- Specialised International Cuisine
- Cakes, Pastries, Biscuits and breads
- Desserts, Ice Creams and Sorbets
- Special Dietary requirements Food Safety and good kitchen practices.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course takes place over 4 weeks in person.