If you work with food in any capacity, this Level 2 course is for you. It is mandatory for all food handlers on board, including Galley and Service crew members.
The course covers the following:
- Introduction to Food Hygiene and Safety;
- Understanding Food Law and Responsibilities;
- Food Safety Hazards, Allergens and Contamination;
- Thawing, Refrigeration and Cold Holding of Foods;
- Cooking, Hot Holding and Reheating Foods;
- Personal Hygiene;
- Principles of Food Preservation, Safe Storage and Temperature Control;
- Food Premises Cleaning and Disinfection;
- Food Premises Equipment and Waste Management.
It is a legal requirement for all those handling food to have a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental principles and duties of food hygiene. Crew members should also know how to perform their duties in a safe manner to safeguard the food they serve from any potential contamination.
No prior requirements are necessary to take this course.
You have the option to take this course either in person or online, and it can be completed in just one day.