The course will provide you with the knowledge required to undertake the role of Purser onboard large vessel yachts.
This course covers the following content:
- Crew Administration & Vessel Operations
- Human Resources, Crew Employment & Crew Insurance
- Port Clearance process & requirements
- Customs & Immigration
- Departure Procedures
- The structure of the Maritime Organisation, Conventions and Codes
- Port State Control
- ISM, ISPS, COSWOP
- Vessel Compliance
- Legal – Maritime Law and Liability
- Financial Management, Accounting and budgeting
- Destination Management – research of new destinations, logistics, presentation of information to guests.
To apply for the Purser Program, candidates must:
- Valid Seafarers Medical Fitness Certificate.
- STCW basic safety courses
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Maritime & Valid Searfarer experience
- • Minimum of 150 hours; OR,
- • In-person learning a minimum of 100 hours.