This course forms part of the chief engineer officer qualification for small vessels (less than 9000kW and less than 3,000GT) with an unlimited area. The certification is for new and experienced crew who wish to move into the small vessel environment as engineers and covers the following topics:
- high-pressure air compressor and air systems;
- electrical plant;
- ship construction and dry-docking;
- alternative fuels;
- refrigeration and air conditioning plant; and,
- lifting plants.
This course is intensive, and candidates are strongly advised to undertake a pre-study before starting the course. All candidates must have completed the following before enrolling in this course:
- Approved Engine Courses (AEC I & II);
- Small Vessel Chief Engineer Auxiliary Equipment Part 1
- Basic Safety Certificates; and,
- Service as required for issue of Training Record Book.
This is usually a 5-day course delivered either in the classroom direct or online.