SV Auxiliary Equipment Part 1 is a module for seafarers working towards becoming a Small Vessel Engineering Officer. This course has a reduced volume of content compared to the Y4 Auxiliary Equipment module and covers the following topics:
- Compressed Air Systems;
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Control Principles;
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning;
- Steering Gears;
- Transmission and Shafting;
- Electrical Plant; and,
- additional topics as relevant or required.
This course is intensive, and candidates are strongly advised to undertake a pre-study before starting the course. All candidates must have completed the following before enrolling in this course:
- Approved Engine Courses (AEC I & II);
- Basic Safety Certificates; and,
- Service as required for issue of Training Record Book.
This course is 1 week; however, it is considered a revision course in preparation for the examination.