This is the perfect course to attend when starting out your yachting career as it will guide you through all the basic’s that most stewardess’/steward’s wish they knew before they started their career onboard a Superyacht.
This course will give you a competitive advantage over someone entering the industry with no experience or formal training.
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to interior departments and roles.
- The demographics you can expect to come across in the yachting industry.
- How to compile a professional industry CV and how to conduct your job search in the yacht industry.
- How to maintain your health and wellbeing while living life at sea.
- The basics of seamanship and the terminology used in the industry.
- The various departments onboard a yacht and the chain of command.
- Standards of personal presentation & personal etiquette.
- The importance and expected standards of attention to detail required when working on a yacht.
- The importance of communication, discretion and your role as part of a team.
- How to interact with guests coming from various cultural backgrounds, and the importance of etiquette.
- The standards of professional presentation and detailing required when servicing any guest area onboard a yacht.
- How to correctly clean and maintain luxury surfaces, fabrics and finishes.
- How to conduct laundry duties and procedures professionally.
- Maritime health and safety requirements in the industry.
- Basic Food and Beverage Services including preparation, presentation, service styles and techniques, and food safety
- Introduction to Wine, Bar and Mixology including basic principles of service, correct storage, required tools and preparation methods.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This is a minimum 4-day course provided in person.