Peril at Sea and Salvage: A Guide for Masters – Sixth Edition: The Definitive Guide to Emergency Response on Ships
Peril at Sea and Salvage: A Guide for Masters – Sixth Edition is the definitive guide to ship emergency response. It provides practical advice on the actions that a Master should take when confronted with an emergency onboard, from the initial assessment and immediate actions to towage or salvage arrangements. The guide also provides guidance on best practices and explains the importance of prompt notification to relevant parties, particularly flag States and the company. A section is included with recommendations for a company’s shore-based personnel.
What you will learn from this eBook:
- Stay up-to-date with the latest emergency response regulations
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the key emergency response procedures
- Improve your skills in emergency response
- Reduce the risk of a major incident
- Prepare for your next voyage with confidence
- Emergency response is critical for all Masters, officers, and watchkeepers of ships.
Why you should read this eBook:
- The shipping industry is constantly changing, and staying up-to-date with the latest emergency response regulations is essential.
- This book comprehensively covers essential emergency response procedures, including the latest amendments.
- The book includes practical advice on how to respond to emergencies on ships.
- The book includes case studies of real-life emergencies, which can help you learn from the mistakes of others.
- This book is an essential resource for all Masters, officers, and watchkeepers of ships.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Initial Response
Chapter 3: Implementing the emergency response plan
Chapter 4: Updates and follow-up actions
Chapter 5: Towage and Salvage
Chapter 6: Preparing for an Emergency – companies
A – Lloyd’s Standard Form of Salvage Agreement (Lloyd’s Open Form – LOF)
B – SCOPIC Clause
C – Examples of other standard forms of salvage agreement
Turkish standard form
Japanese standard form
D – Examples of commercial salvage and towage agreements
E – Examples of flag State incident reporting forms
Example incident reporting form – Singapore
Example incident reporting form – Marshall Islands
F – Useful publications and websites